My mom has been begging me to make my (not so) famous spaghetti squash dish lately. Partly because she loves the low cal, paleo dish, and partly because she wants an excuse to skip out on making dinner. Either way, I will admit I love cooking it. That is why this month I have decided to share this recipe with all of you.
If you aren’t familiar with spaghetti squash, it’s a winter squash that is oblong with a yellow, hard shell. The inside is a stringy, which is why the name “spaghetti” squash. In my opinion, spaghetti squash may be the perfect wheat-free, gluten-free, paleo-friendly, low carb, low calorie solution to pasta, and we have certainly adopted it in our household as such.
This recipe starts like any other, with a large, deep skillet. I am using my favorite 12″ caste iron braising pan.
First, heat olive oil and garlic. Then add cooked spaghetti squash (I like to cook mine in the morning, or even the night before and leave in the fridge.) Click the link for my recipe on how to cook the squash.
Add broccoli, sundried tomatoes, and 1/4 cup chicken broth. Sauté for 5 minutes.
Add peas, grilled chicken, parmesan cheese, and remaining chicken broth. Cover and reduce heat. Simmer for about 3 minutes.
Serve with fresh parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
Spaghetti Squash with Grilled Chicken, Sundried Tomatoes, Broccoli, and Peas.
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 20 min
- I medium cooked spaghetti squash (about 2 lbs)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 4 Cloves Garlic
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 1 C Chicken Broth
- 1/3 C Sundried Tomatoes
- 1 Broccoli Crown, chopped
- 1 C Peas
- 1 lb Chicken Breasts, grilled and sliced
- 1/4 C Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cook spaghetti squash and allow to cool.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, sauté 1 minute. Add spaghetti squash and sauté an additional 2 minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add 1/4 C chicken broth, sundried tomatoes, and broccoli. Sauté 5 minutes.
- Add peas, grilled chicken, and remaining 3/4 C chicken broth. Shake about 1/4 C grated parmesan cheese into mixture. The parmesan should help to thicken the mixture.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover skillet and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Serve with fresh parmesan cheese.